To perform this, the following optimizations are performed :
- Cache optimization : by adding a timestamp and headers informations, the caching resources is more efficient.
- Serving CSS files.
Through these 3 steps, the data transfered is significally reduced.
The resources managing is externalized in an XML descriptor, which make it really easier to maintain.
How it works?
- In an XML descriptor, the whole application's resources are linked into groups. It is up to you to create your groups and decide whether the resources must be merged and/or minimized or not.
- These concatenated/minimized files are buffered server side and are tagged with the files last modification date.
regenerate a concatenated file every time a resource is modified (mainly for dev mode).
- A YUICompressor associated and a JSMin are integrated to compress the resulting file as much as possible.
- To provide an easy debugging, a special cookie can be set and override every existing configuration to get to exploded mode. (see FAQ
for more information).
permits to avoid these useless requests by setting a expire to resources.